THE FUTURE OF OFFSHORE WIND AND THE TECHNOLOGY THAT’S AT THE FOREFRONT
There are clear career paths to grow with, challenging work, impressive remuneration packages, and a wealth of jobs to choose from.
When so much depends on the skilful management and research of our energy capabilities in the 21st century, every related skill set must perform together to power our homes, cities and appliances. There aren’t many areas that a graduate can’t excel in – from engineers and strategists to sales and advisory roles, there’s no shortage of career paths open to someone who’s passionate about the industry making everything possible.
Putting together your CV is an important step in entering into the energy market. Energy firms are always looking out for candidates with the promise of greatness.
Here are just some of the key skills they seek:
Finding examples of successful team projects will go a long way to proving you can reign in differences for a single agenda.
Anyone who designs and builds energy facilities and distribution networks should have technical expertise going into the sector.
The most amazing ideas can be ground to a halt by budgetary and real-world pressures. You should be able to solve problems when obstacles appear in your path.
Deadlines are a major test for energy companies to keep up with supply and demand, which means they need to depend on you.
Attention to detail:
Whether you’re able to spot flaws in a machine, or you’re really good at selecting key data, it pays to be thorough in this sector.
With countless opportunities available in the energy market, the challenge is not how to break into an energy career but choosing the one that’s the best fit for your skills.
Tips for a top-notch CV
– Always research the company you’re applying to, including any recent developments they’ve undertaken.
– Show you’re aware of how the energy sector affects the public, with supporting evidence of how good you are as a communicator.
– Make sure you demonstrate a real love for scientific advancement in energy acquisition.
– Pick out examples of a hard task that was seen through to the end by your perseverance.
– Showcase any relevant work experience, whether that’s a placement at university or a summer job.
We provide tips and advice on CVs and interviews to make our candidates stand out from the crowd. Reach out to us on LinkedIn or at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW BATTERY STORAGE IS A KEY FACTOR IN SUPPORTING THE UK IN ITS ROLLOUT OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES